A small nation, at the far corner of the earth but at the very centre of human development and diversity in the world. Yes, it is New Zealand. New Zealand is a thriving country that staunchly believes in balancing work life balance, while providing the best infrastructure, education and health benefits to its residents. As New Zealand’s economy is growing, there are many sectors that now have a skill shortage, and New Zealand is inviting students to enrol in the courses and become future ready.
Amongst many other occupations, the skill shortage currently in New Zealand as per The Regional Skill Shortage List (RSSL) are for
- Information and Communication Technology
If you are qualified and experienced professional in Nursing, Teaching, IT or a student wanting to pursue education in New Zealand to settle and work there, enrolling for course which helps fulfill a skill shortage in New Zealand is the best route to secure post study work visa and residence visa in future under Long Term Skill Shortage List.
The institutes you can consider in Wellington are as follows:
- WelTec – The Wellington institute of technology is a tertiary institution training around 8000 students per year.
- Whitireia – Established in 1986, Whitireia has grown to become the tertiary education of choice for over 6200 students in campuses in Wellington and Auckland.
- Victoria University of Wellington – One of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions with a proud tradition of academic excellence with 115 years of rich history.
And others we recommend are Massey University, Wintec, Unitec, UP Education and Aspire2 International.
Related to Skill shortage, popular programs for pursuing education followed by employment in New Zealand are:
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Competency Assessment Program for Nurses
- Bachelor of Teaching
- Bachelor of Applied Management
- Diploma in Cookery
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Management
- New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma of Teaching
- Master of Information Technology
You may choose to work while you study and could consider post study work visa options. If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org.