Current Status

As a student, you have to be well prepared to apply for a student visa and enroll in a teaching programme or apply to the Teaching Council of New Zealand if you are overseas trained and qualified.

Teachers (Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary) are in the Green list in New Zealand therefore if you are someone who meets the requirements, then please do get in touch with us.


The required standard for an application are:

  • An NZ registration with the Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand; and
  • A provisional practising certificate; and
  • Minimum of two years’ relevant post-qualification work experience.

Note: The NZ registration and practicing certificate can be gained based on successful completion of the teaching degree such as Graduate Diploma in Teaching.

Useful links